Commitment Category: Beverage Consumption
- I will replace soda with water.
- I will drink half my body weight (in pounds) in ounces of water each day.
- I will drink at least 8 oz. of water with every meal.
- I will replace sugar with a zero calorie sweetener in my beverages.
- I will replace all my caloric beverages (juice, tea, soda, etc.) with water.
- I will drink water immediately before and after consuming coffee.
Commitment Category: Breakfast
- I will wake up 15 min earlier and prepare breakfast; no processed foods.
- I will eat at least one serving of protein with breakfast every day.
- I will eat one serving of fruit with breakfast each day.
- I will incorporate vegetables into my breakfast every day.
- I will replace sugary cereals with low-sugar cereal options (less than 7 grams of sugar per serving).
- I will eat breakfast daily.
Commitment Category: Dairy
- I will eat at least one dairy product each day.
- I will replace my whole fat dairy products with low- or zero-fat dairy products.
- I will drink one glass of low-fat milk with my evening meal each day.
- I will replace my whole or 2% milk consumption with 1% or skim.
- I will only have one serving of cheese per day.
Commitment Category: Fruit/Vegetable Consumption
- I will eat no less than 4 servings of fresh fruits/vegetables each day.
- I will eat vegetables with two meals per day.
- I will eat at least two different colored fruits and vegetables each day.
- I will make half my plate fruits and vegetables with at least one meal.
- I will replace fruit juice with whole fruit every day.
- I will eat a side salad with at least one of my meals every day.
- I will include fruit with my lunch every day.
Commitment Category: Grains/Carbohydrate Consumption
- I will not eat foods with added sugars (such as high fructose corn syrup).
- I will include whole grains in my breakfast every morning.
- I will replace all refined grain products with whole grains.
- I will ensure I eat at least 25 grams of fiber a day.
Commitment Category: Meal Planning
- I will eat 3 well-rounded meals every day (no skipping meals).
- I will eat at least 3 food groups with all of my meals every day.
- I will have a prepared and cooked dinner everyday.
- I will plan my meals at the beginning of the week so I don’t resort to eating unhealthy convenience foods.
- I will use a food journal and record all food and beverage consumption.
- I will allow no more than 3 hours to pass between snacks and meals.
Commitment Category: Mindful Eating
- All meals will have a well-defined beginning and end (no seconds).
- I will say a word of thanks before eating each meal, showing gratitude for what I have.
- I will make a healthy modification with every meal (i.e. baked instead of fried).
- I will eat one meal as a family each day at a table, without distractions (TV, phones, etc).
- I will only eat at the kitchen/dining room table when eating meals.
Commitment Category: Seasoning and Condiments
- I will replace creamy salad dressing with olive oil and vinegar.
Commitment Category: Snacking
- I will replace empty calorie/processed snacks with fruits and vegetables
- I will eat no more than 125 calories after my evening meal
- I will only snack on vegetables after my evening meal.
- Each evening I will prepare snacks for the following day.
- I will limit my snacks to single servings every time I snack to avoid binge eating.
- I will drink at least 16 ounces of water before I eat an after-dinner snack.